Friday, February 15, 2013

Milestone Day

To give me a break once a week from driving to school 3 times almost daily, my eldest child who will be twelve soon, is going to come home on her own via public bus for the first time in her life. 

The whole journey is about an hour long, she has to change two buses (making a total of three), and she does not have a mobile phone. She has been very confident all along, and I know she can take care of herself and watch out for traffic etc. But somehow as the time approaches for her supplementary class to end, my heart rate involuntarily begins to increase and the jitters are invading my body. I'm very tempted to just drive to school to pick her up.

But I know I must let go and allow her to grow up. So I am going to take a shower and have a little nap (if I can).

And if she doesn't show up by 5pm I am going to walk down to the bus stop to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment