Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Fridge dead, but life must go on

My Fisher & Paykel refrigerator only lasted me 4.5yrs and it's totally gone. I should've sensed it was nearing the end of its life by the way it was acting up the last few months. But I didn't think much of it at the time, because our previous (smaller) F&P fridge was still going strong when we sold it off after 5 years!

Meantime, I'm living out of cooler boxes. And I am ever so grateful for neighbours with whom I have good relationships. They're helping me to store some dairy and other stuff that absolutely need refrigration.

Living out of cooler boxes SUCKS
AND I still have to bento for the P3 boy. It's a(nother) challenge to come up with foods that require no refrigeration, for the night after packing or to keep till early the next morning. Looks like I will have buy another big bag of ice cubes this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment