Saturday, January 26, 2013

Culinary exploration - Kueh lapis legit or Spek koek

I have been thinking about this for a long time and I think I have psyched myself enough - I am going to make kueh lapis! Not the Chinese kind aka 九层糕, but a many-layered cake made with lots and lots of egg yolk and butter, and lots of TIME.

If I pull this off, it shall be one of my greatest achievements in the universe of baking.

After picking a suitable auspicious day to carry out the deed (the DH must not be working so he can help handle the tot while I labour in the kitchen), I bought the equipment, and today I got all the last of the ingredients, namely the eggs, which must be as fresh as possible. Tomorrow will be the day!

I think I shall be too excited to sleep tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment