Saturday, December 08, 2012

A New, Different, Christmas Tree

I finally decided to chuck out our old tree earlier this year (after lots of nagging from HL), firstly because it's been with us for 10 years (so we got a lot of use out of it), secondly because it's horribly dusty, and lastly because there's simply no place in our flat to put it on display. All suitable corners are covered by furniture (alas, lots of storage has to come with a price, eh?).

So after scouring the shops for a smaller tree that I can, perhaps, place on our TV cabinet and finding none that I liked, I came up with an idea to do a rather minimalist tree (there's no Christmas mood if there's no Christmas tree, dear!).

We purchased 2 lengths of green tinsel and a large piece of shiny gold wrapping paper from Daiso and did THIS.

Christmas Tree on the wall

The idea is adapted from another wall tree made by sticking tree lights onto the wall in a tree shape, which I once saw in an old IKEA Xmas catalogue. Not bad for $6 and some sticky tape. We only realised it was rather lopsided after we stepped back from it. But couldn't be bothered to fiddle with the tape again.

Ray commented that it looks rather like the outline of a woman.

I still have all my old Christmas ornaments (which can't be hung here, for obvious reasons), which I'll try to hang elsewhere in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment